PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Field Dispatch (going on now)

RLBagley
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
We're here now at the 2010 NAFA Meet in Dodge City, and you can see a liitle video from Sunday here (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1559298895620&oid=95847325664&comments&ref=mf).

Check back for a new one for each day through Weds, with an overall Event Video to then show up on the Web Site a little later.

Right now, Monday afternoon, sunny skies, light breezes, cold air, and happy Falconers (few arguments yet).

RB

hub
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Drive safe, especially back......

redtailnut
11-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the Video's Robert, clapp

RLBagley
11-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, you may or may not have seen this, Day Two (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1560891255428&oid=95847325664&comments).

There's a neat little quick segment (have to look fast) of Diane's Merlin balling up Starlings. .

Anyway, it's been fun so far, but we're just missing the NAFEX Dinner going on right now, doing a HAM Radio Official Exam right here in the Vendor Room. Chris will no doubt have an update on the Forum about that soon.

More later . . .
RB

RLBagley
11-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Drive safe, especially back......

Yes, we're pulling out Weds night after the Vendor Room closes down (around midnight), and making like a FedEx package to arrive home "overnight."

And then get both birds on the wing now that the last trip is over. . . .

So, we'll see you under the open skies of Idaho real soon.
RB

Dutch
11-24-2010, 11:09 AM
My wife and I arrived at the NAFA meet Saturday afternoon and arrived home late last night. All of the people I spoke to were finding, Jacks, bunnies, ducks and lots of pheasants. However, there should be some Chickens taken at this NAFA meet. I was told 150 people had registered by Monday afternoon. The ponds we were hawking froze on Monday night. Many of them could open up again before the meet ends.

For me, one of the highlights of the meet was seeing some fine fresh trapped passage peregrines, Prairies and Goshawks that were well manned perched in the weathering yard with the other hawks and those passage birds were calmer than many of the captive breed hawks and falcons.

J. Stoddart

RLBagley
11-24-2010, 05:15 PM
My wife and I arrived at the NAFA meet Saturday afternoon and arrived home late last night. All of the people I spoke to were finding, Jacks, bunnies, ducks and lots of pheasants. However, there should be some Chickens taken at this NAFA meet. I was told 150 people had registered by Monday afternoon. The ponds we were hawking froze on Monday night. Many of them could open up again before the meet ends.

For me, one of the highlights of the meet was seeing some fine fresh trapped passage peregrines, Prairies and Goshawks that were well manned perched in the weathering yard with the other hawks and those passage birds were calmer than many of the captive breed hawks and falcons.

J. Stoddart

Thanks Jack, for those observations . . .

We've now up-loaded "Day Three" (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1562142286703&oid=95847325664&comments) and there is indeed evidence of Chickens being taken.

A strong cold front just came through about an hour ago, and the temps have dropped significantly.

But yes, those passage bird seemed to epitomize that well-developed mature mindset we all like to see in a bird, calmly aware of everything around, confidently alert.

RB

Dirthawking
11-28-2010, 12:07 PM
two chickens were taken at the meet.

forestfalcon
11-28-2010, 02:44 PM
two chickens were taken at the meet.

My bird caught a snake... how many of those were taken? :D

sharptail
11-28-2010, 03:33 PM
two chickens were taken at the meet.Let me guess...the 2nd was taken by a Harris' hawk, car hawking at the Walmart parking lot? lol

Dirthawking
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
One was a peregrine and the other was a gyr or gyr hybrid (Rich knows for sure). Not sure. But a cast of hh did take ALOT of barnyard chickens! :D

And yes Jen, yours was the only snake!

Lowachi
12-03-2010, 02:54 PM
One was a peregrine and the other was a gyr or gyr hybrid (Rich knows for sure). Not sure. But a cast of hh did take ALOT of barnyard chickens! :D

And yes Jen, yours was the only snake!

Pete Widener & Skip Tubbs took the only Chickens (lesser Prairie)

& yep yer's was the only snake