PDA

View Full Version : Ky Lagrange area looking for hawkers

Kentucky J
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey gang live in lagrange and I'm looking for some people to do some hawking with. Just got back from Dodge city and figured it was time to start working on getting a bird of my own.

tking308
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forums. TONS of great information on here. I sent you a PM.

AirAssault
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Hey ready to go, I live in Louisville your not that far, send me a PM when your ready to go get some others together so we can all have some fun.
Bill
ll(dog)

i

Ken S.
12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Jason! I'll send you a picture of Maya you can use for your avatar. :)

FYI - Jay has been to 2 NAFA meets hawking with me now(Nebraska and Kansas) and is a great guy to hunt with. I know there's some good Falconers in Kentucky to help get him started. If I lived in Kentucky I would sponsor him without a doubt.

Kentucky J
12-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the props! I have spent some time polishing my rabit flushing skills.

jkruer01
12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Jason,

I live in shelbyville which is only about 20 minutes away. Send me a PM and we can go hunting sometime.

Jeremy

jkruer01
12-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Just got the new kentucky website up and running. Let me know if you have any comments/suggestions. Its still a work in progress.
http://www.kentuckyfalconersassociation.com/

Jeremy

Ken S.
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Good work on the site! I wrote down a few general suggestions that might help... but overall I think it's a good start and really nice that you did this for your club.

----------------

The homepage has the member app but no address for where to mail it. The Membership page has a download and lists your email address... but I'm guessing some people won't know how to edit the PDF and then email it.

You might consider getting a more generic email address to list on the web site instead of your personal one (example: kentuckyfalconry@gmail.com). Gmail is good because it's free, has plenty of storage space, works great mobile, has a good spam filter, etc.

Remove the forum tab and forget about it. Most state clubs won't have enough activity and members to support their own forum. It's gonna take plenty of work to keep the site up to date and monitor/respond to emails... you don't want to have to moderate your own forum on top of that.

For the links section, it might be ok to just have them all on one page with separate headings instead of using separate pages from the leftnav. That will be easier to maintain and easier to navigate to. Not a big deal though.

The Kentucky Falconry Laws page is the same as the About Falconry page. You could remove the laws page and just suggest people contact the state fish and wildlife authorities for the latest regs? Providing some overview of the laws in the FAQ's section gives newbies enough info on what's involved.

From a technical standpoint, there are some things you could do to help with search rankings on your site, but it might not be worth it depending on your goals.

Hope this helps...

jkruer01
12-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Ken, I appreciate it.

1)Good spot on the member app, I will add my email address and physical mailing address to the app file itself.

2)I considered an alternate email but then I have to remember to check it or forward it to my personal one which kinda defeats the purpose.

3)On the links section I originally had it all one page but I didn't like the way the page looked without something where the left nav is.

4)On the Kentucky Laws page, I was just going to link to different sections of the Kentucky F&W website but their website was down when I was working on it.

5)SEO is something that I am not that great on yet. I know I can add meta tags. I could also work on a link building campaign but that is about all I am familiar with at this point.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it!

Jeremy

Good work on the site! I wrote down a few general suggestions that might help... but overall I think it's a good start and really nice that you did this for your club.

----------------

The homepage has the member app but no address for where to mail it. The Membership page has a download and lists your email address... but I'm guessing some people won't know how to edit the PDF and then email it.

You might consider getting a more generic email address to list on the web site instead of your personal one (example: kentuckyfalconry@gmail.com). Gmail is good because it's free, has plenty of storage space, works great mobile, has a good spam filter, etc.

Remove the forum tab and forget about it. Most state clubs won't have enough activity and members to support their own forum. It's gonna take plenty of work to keep the site up to date and monitor/respond to emails... you don't want to have to moderate your own forum on top of that.

For the links section, it might be ok to just have them all on one page with separate headings instead of using separate pages from the leftnav. That will be easier to maintain and easier to navigate to. Not a big deal though.

The Kentucky Falconry Laws page is the same as the About Falconry page. You could remove the laws page and just suggest people contact the state fish and wildlife authorities for the latest regs? Providing some overview of the laws in the FAQ's section gives newbies enough info on what's involved.

From a technical standpoint, there are some things you could do to help with search rankings on your site, but it might not be worth it depending on your goals.

Hope this helps...

Kentucky J
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
The site is looking good Jeremy! Thanks for putting it together.

jkruer01
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks!