PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kentucky!

Grootka
12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi, would enjoy tagging along for a day in the field. I'm in south central Kentucky. I've enjoyed hunting with hounds for many years and would love to learn about your sport. I'm an outdoors person and enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Please, send me a pm, I look forward to it!! :D

Dirthawking
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One forum that most people find the most useful is the site information (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26). This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Also please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

If you are a pre-apprentice, apprentice, looking for information of falconry, etc...you will find this section extremely helpful. Please take the time to look here (http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007).

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team

Grootka
12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I appreciate your guidance!!

Kathy

AirAssault
12-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Kathy there are a few people here from Ky. but none that I know of around you right off, you can call fish and wildlife in Frankfort and ask for a falconrey packet and it will have all our names and phone# so you can find someone close to you.

Grootka
12-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I know I'm pretty much out of the loop way down here in no man's land. I will, no doubt, have to travel to meet up with someone who can show me a day of hunting. But I'm very motivated. Living in this part of the state for the past 18 years has shown me I live in a geograhical oddity, I'm two hours from EVERYWHERE!! :D

Again, thanks for your advise.

jkruer01
12-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Welcome! I live in Shelbyville.

http://www.kentuckyfalconersassociation.com/

Jeremy

Kentucky J
12-14-2010, 11:27 PM
You may need to prod the fish and game a little bit. When I called and asked for the packet they didnt know what i was talking about but with a little checking they were able to get me taken care of. Welcome to the forums!

Grootka
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM
called F & W of KY on Monday and had my packet the next day! I'm making a list of books to look for on the net and hoping Santa gets a few in the mail for me this week. Spotted a hawk across the road from our vet clinic atop a tree near a pine thicket and an open field last weekend while hanging out with the parrot. The parrot was talking up a storm as we watched him from the comfort of the warm building. I'm thinking his nest is in the pine thicket??

Timb
12-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi Kathy, I'm looking about learning the sport myself and am from northern Kentucky. I see that you live in Columbia, a friend of mine lives there.

Todd Brown
12-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I transfered a RT to a guy(can't remember his name but I can find out) two years ago thats several miles south of louisville , give me some time but I should have his name somewhere....you might be in luck.

Grootka
12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Kathy, I'm looking about learning the sport myself and am from northern Kentucky. I see that you live in Columbia, a friend of mine lives there.

Hey Tim, you mean there is someone else living in the geographical oddity of Adair County???? (welc)

Timb
12-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Hey Tim, you mean there is someone else living in the geographical oddity of Adair County???? (welc)

Haha... Surprising I know:D

Kentucky J
01-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Glad the packet came. I picked up the california study guide and I have a equipement guide as well. Need to get myself a few more. I also thought there was a guy up in northern Ky that had a few Harris hawks.