PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Arran

auld ian
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I am from the Isle of Arran on Scotlands west coast and am sure that I will learn a lot from this forum

I fly a variety of birds and am keen on Red Tails

tony123abc
12-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Welcome. Lots of us over here are keen on the redtail too.

dirtwinger
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Ian welcome to the forum, I used to live and hawk on the Isle of Bute and I still miss the scenery but not the rain.

thunderheartiii
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX.

AdamS
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Welcome Ian, I am new here too. Awesome site!

Donal
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
A warm welcome from another appreciator of RT's(welc)

auld ian
12-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Hi Terence ,

Rain , Midges , white settlers.(The joys of the west coast )There really is a lot not to miss when you give it thought.

Did you spend a lot of time on Bute ?

Ian

dirtwinger
01-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Terence ,

Rain , Midges , white settlers.(The joys of the west coast )There really is a lot not to miss when you give it thought.

Ian
Just one year but had a fantastic season hawking when it wasnt raining. I was flying a first year harris and she had a 100 head by Oct of her first season. I also flew a imprint female Redtail and a imprint female ferruge so I got a lot of hawking done while I was there. lots and lots of hares rabbit pheasants and geese to hunt. I actually injured my shoulder from carrying so much game in a old fashioned shoulder strap hawking bag one day.
I had some good times lots of very friendly Island girls and good beer and a lot of whiskey, 21 was a good year for me!:D

everetkhorton
01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Terence ,

Ian

Ian:
(welc)to NAFEX and putting your name on your post!