Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lost Harris Hawk in NJ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default Lost Harris Hawk in NJ

    Hello, I'm new to this forum and I found it by looking for places to post that my Harris is missing. She was lost while hunting three weeks
    ago in the Van Nest area, in West Windsor, NJ. Silver paki bells, aylmeri cuffs. The wind and the weather have been terrible here and I
    am fearing the worst, but maybe, just maybe, someone has seen her.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida USA
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Good luck. Contact the local bird watching groups, Audubon, animal control. Was the bird wearing telemetry? Get in touch with local HAM operators with the band and frequency of the signal. They can do a 'Fox hunt'.
    Kitty Carroll -- The Hawk of May

    ~~ The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill,
    but man's relationship with his hawk --- Terance Hanbury White~~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Hi,

    It would have been best if you reached out to the New Jersey Falconry Club. Three weeks ago is quite some time ago, especially with the snow we received.

    I suggest registering with the New Jersey Falconry Club. We have a lot of resources and members that could have assisted you with finding your bird.

    As far as I know, no one has spotted a "lost" Harris Hawk in New Jersey.
    Alex Scolavino
    New Jersey

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default RE: Lost Harris Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Hi,

    It would have been best if you reached out to the New Jersey Falconry Club. Three weeks ago is quite some time ago, especially with the snow we received.

    I suggest registering with the New Jersey Falconry Club. We have a lot of resources and members that could have assisted you with finding your bird.

    As far as I know, no one has spotted a "lost" Harris Hawk in New Jersey.
    Thank you,
    I was a member of New Jersey Falconry Club many years ago. I'm thinking she's lost for good though. There is no telemetry on her, and as you say, the weather
    has been bad.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I will have the Club keep an eye out for her. Hopefully she is okay.

    Please provide me with your contact information via a Direct Message - incase the bird is found.
    Alex Scolavino
    New Jersey

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default RE: Lost Harris Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    I will have the Club keep an eye out for her. Hopefully she is okay.

    Please provide me with your contact information via a Direct Message - incase the bird is found.
    Thank you. My email is gnhawkn@aol.com, I am sorry, I have no idea how to Direct Message on this board. This is the first bird I have lost (for more than 24 hours) in 34 years
    of flying red tails and Harris.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Hi,

    I just sent you an email, but wanted to post on here as well incase you see this first.

    A Harris Hawk was spotted in Forsyth WMA, in Brick, NJ, yesterday.

    Please check your email and reach out to me if you need more information. I can try and get it.
    Alex Scolavino
    New Jersey

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Trenton, NJ
    Posts
    4

    Default RE: Lost Harris Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Hi,

    I just sent you an email, but wanted to post on here as well incase you see this first.

    A Harris Hawk was spotted in Forsyth WMA, in Brick, NJ, yesterday.

    Please check your email and reach out to me if you need more information. I can try and get it.
    OK, I got this message. Thank you ! I will check up on this

    thanks
    Mel

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida USA
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Good luck. Hopefully the bird survived those cold conditions without any frostbite.
    Kitty Carroll -- The Hawk of May

    ~~ The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill,
    but man's relationship with his hawk --- Terance Hanbury White~~

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •