Hello folks, maybe I can help with this? I've lived here most of my life.

As mentioned the KOA will be closed. Fossil Park is a decent campground right in town. It is about a mile east of the meet hotel. Phone Number (435) 789-6450

The campground that was mentioned south of town is about a 1/2 mile from the meet hotel along Highway 40. Phone Number (435) 789-9676

There are two (2) State Parks north of town on Highway 191. They are Steinaker State Park and Red Fleet State Park. Steinaker is about 5 miles north of town and as mentioned Red Fleet is 13 miles or so.

There is also a campground in Jensen, Utah, about 12 miles East of town. This campround is called Outlaw Trail RV Park. It is along the Green River and access to BLM ground is less than 5 minutes away. Phone number is (435) 781-6000

Uintah County also developed a RV Park East of town out towards the Diamond Mountain Speedway. This area is about 6 or 7 miles East of town on the "Diamond Mountain Road" The phone number for Uintah County is (435) 781-0770 Step out the door, walk a couple hundred yards and you are on BLM ground.

BLM ground is close to town and there are many places you could camp within 15 to 20 minutes of town.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search!