Thread: New member from Vernal, Utah

Default New member from Vernal, Utah

Hello all. I am beginning the process to become an apprentice falconer. I hope to take the exam within a couple of weeks and have started research and design of my mews. I have wanted to do this for years, however I knew with raising a family and work, I would not have been able to devote the time and resources to this. Now the kids are grown and gone and I have ample time to pursue this dream I have had for many years. Any advise, direction or suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated. Hope to visit with many of you soon

Good advice.....don't try to make an excuse for not making it to the NAFA meet.
    Jordan Turner (cooler than a polar bears toe nails)

to Nafex.............help find a spot for all the campers to stay at during the meet and you'll have more help than you can process.....

Oh, and be sure to sign your posts with your name or the signature police will get ya......
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by outhawkn View Post
    to Nafex.............help find a spot for all the campers to stay at during the meet and you'll have more help than you can process.....
    Yeah, do that!

Hey, how big is your yard?
    Bryan Kimsey

My yard! I would love it. however somedays I have a hard time finding a place to park. Seriously though, I do know of a few campgrounds that are not in the phone book or advertised much. So if you need a place, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can't assist you
    Rex Hall

Great news, Just received word I have successfully passed the Utah Falconry Exam! Thanks to all who have helped me. I do appreciate it.
    Rex Hall

Default congrats!

and now the fun begins!

Congrats Rex! Boy, are you ever in a great location! I would imagine you won't have any trouble finding help to get you started. Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of falconry....you will never be the same again!
    Peg Totten
    Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies

Welcome aboard. It was nice meeting you at the NAFEX dinner.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Hey Rex...
    was hoping to see you guys Friday!....Just wanted to THANK YOU AGAIN for sharing your spot with us....the day we had out was just plain AWESOME!!!! Hoping I can return the favor sometime!!! Keep in touch and good luck with your new adventure.....it changes your life....all in a great way!!!
    Life ain't always beautiful.....But it's a beautiful ride!
    Heather G MT

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I was stoked before the NAFA meet, now I am off-the wall! Met so many great people! Thanks for all your advise. I beleive I have made some lifelong friends.
    Rex Hall

Quote Originally Posted by rhall View Post
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I was stoked before the NAFA meet, now I am off-the wall! Met so many great people! Thanks for all your advise. I beleive I have made some lifelong friends.
    It was great to meet you as well Rex. Look forward to watching you make your journey in falconry, and seeing you either in Vernal when I am back visiting (hopefully in a very near summer) or at a future NAFA meet.

Of course, your always welcome to darken my door if you get tired of the sunshine and want a little rain.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

We lived in Port Orford Oregon for 7 months in 08. We really miss the rain believe it or not. The coast along Washington and Oregon is by far the most spectacular place Iv'e ever been.
    Rex Hall

Quote Originally Posted by rhall View Post
    We lived in Port Orford Oregon for 7 months in 08. We really miss the rain believe it or not. The coast along Washington and Oregon is by far the most spectacular place Iv'e ever been.
    Rex,

I really loved the rain too, until just a few years ago. I was laid off for a few months in the heart of hawking season, and got completely burned out on the rain because most of the times I went out to hunt it was just dumping.

I moved up to WA partly because I had gotten bored of 300+ blue sky days a year. I see the charm in them now though.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Thread Information