Thread: New guy from Louisiana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New guy from Louisiana

Hi guys,
    My name is Tracey, I'm from North East Louisiana and I'm looking to learn more about falconry. I'm not yet an apprentice, I'm still gathering info but I'm very eager to learn more about this amazing lifestyle. I'm an avid outdoorsman and have volunteered in various conservation efforts over the years. Looking forward to learning more.

Tracey Smedley

Welcome. If your an avid outdoorsman and are looking for quite the something else then you're headed in the right direction. I've just gone thru my first year with my first bird and I can't wait to do it again. For the first time in a long time I was genuinely depressed hunting season was over and am looking forward to next year like a teenager again.
    I'm just south of Baton Rouge so I know little of who's up in the northern part of the state but I'd contact LDWF in your region and see if the falconry guy can point you in the right direction, if not contact Jimmy Ernst in the Hammond office. I know he was working on a revised list of state falconers possibly open to helping newcomers. If you need some more help, PM me and I'll do what I can.
    Lew Roussel

Contact your local wildlife agent to get a list of potential sponsors in your area and contact them. Jimmy Ernst manages the Southern part of the state, I believe it is a woman who manages the Northern half but I forgot her name.
    Gregory Wojtera AKA The French Hawk
    http://www.mastersoftheskies.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DtRooster View Post
    For the first time in a long time I was genuinely depressed hunting season was over and am looking forward to next year like a teenager again.

same here
    Luke Ryan, Apprentice falconer
    Gordon county, Georgia. Eph 2:8-9

Actually I believe I may have found a sponsor today. He is a Master Falconer of 20+ years. Now to get to studying Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Smedley View Post
    Actually I believe I may have found a sponsor today. He is a Master Falconer of 20+ years. Now to get to studying Lol.
    Good deal. Its awesome, trust me. You're in the middle of some good country, should be plenty of this
    Lew Roussel

Thread Information