Quote Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
They had posted multiple times on their GPS User Group that the Android release would be launched backdated on 3.5 and not on 4.0, did that change recently? Also I know they had posted that the Android release would come with device limitations (certain brands/phones will be approved, but not all). They posted pretty regularly about the Droid stuff for a while on their facebook. They had posted a bit about a lot of struggles with the GPS system being not as accurate and lock times being 3-4x as long as the iOS counterpart. I think you are definitely right they are playing the smart route and not releasing something that would be a nightmare for the userbase.
When I spoke to them a week ago they said that they had committed to adding additional resources to the Android development effort. I didn't ask whether they planned to launch 3.5 or hold out for 4.0.

I can't speak for all industries but when my company looked into having apps to control some our products we found that the hoops we would need to jump through to give away an app would not
be worth it for an iOS app so we went with Android. After about 5 years exactly 1 (one, uno.....) guy has complained. So I can say that broadcast engineers are using Android. Most have the same sort of "I will do with the gizmo that I bought whatever I damn well feel like" attitude that Geoff and I do so that more than likely explains it.

This iOS vs Android thing will go on and on and neither company is predisposed to having us know the real numbers. I believe it was either Mark Twain or HL Menken that said "first collect your facts and then you may distort them at your leisure".