Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Most falconers agree that giving up 4th and 1st Amendment rights to procure or maintain a falconry permit is unconstitutional. Politically, many of us agree on this. Still, there are a few people who have consistently, over the last 7 or 8 years, attempted to hijack threads on this AFC forum. It has
become boring and predictable. It has become clear that their problem is personal, not political, hence all of the hedging. For myself, I'll let it be. As this case moves forward, I'll post updates, (as new threads, so that they don't get buried under piles of troll posts). This is, essentially, a legacy platform, but I'll update as things unfold, so that those who may be interested can keep up. So, anti-AFC folks, keep trolling. But you'll not be able to deny for long that this is a great thing.
Ah. Back to that again. You are right, we should not have to give up ANY of our rights to practice falconry. I have never suggested otherwise.
The question is, are we actually being asked to do so and is that what the PLF litigation is all about.

Please understand that I truly believe that you have the best of intentions. I have no doubt about that but....

You are pretty good at evasion. You you have made claims on behalf of AFC and I have asked respectful and relevant questions about the PLF litigation and its plaintiff's but all I have gotten in response is
an very offensive suggestion that I (or anyone who has questions or may disagree) do not care about constitutional rights and an accusation of being a troll.

I WAS an dues paying AFC member/supporter for a number of years. When AFC decided to put up those CNN or Fox News like clips of the Alaska debacle I decided that I was embarrassed to be
affiliated with the organization and let my membership expire. While I agree with some to many of the ideas expressed by a good number of AFC members I do not endorse, condone or
desire to support the tactics that AFC engages in. HOW you get what you want is often as important or more important than the desired result itself.

The purpose of a FORUM is to entertain meaningful dialog and share ideas and opinions in a respectful way. If the purpose of the thread was to simply announce your opinion about the
PLF litigation or the AFC's claims then perhaps putting it in the classifieds section where responses are not possible would have been a better idea. It is not really possible to hijack a
thread in which there is no actual discussion going?

As a matter of note, if you are truly interested in advancing the AFC cause then actually answering the questions that those who you accuse of being AFC detractors and trolls ask might
convince others to send you a check and join up if they like your answers. To be honest, if I thought AFC could behave like intelligent respectful adults I would send a check myself.

I think I may call Fred myself. I am sure he will tell me what he thinks.