Quote Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs View Post
Fred - you can program several different frequencies in the 433 or 434 band. If I'm not mistaken, the 100 or 500 in FM100/FM500 means it's capable of receiving that many different frequencies in its respective band. In reality, you'd want to space them out a bit so nothing overlaps. I believe 434 is more common with falconers and, if I'm not mistaken, some other commercial entity is using 433. Again, I'm sure Ron or Tom will come along and right the ship, again, but, if my understanding is half-ass accurate, I'm pretty sure with 5 (hz??) of separation, you could still use 100 different transmitters with a FM500, all on different frequencies.

The reason I'm going to buy a FM500 in 434 is to maximize my ability to help other falconers in the area who are on UHF.

Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark because this has been my logic behind planning to buy the FM500 in 434. I'm definitely looking forward to some input from Ron/Tom now as it might save me some money!
Boomer,

Marshal has been "steering" the falconry community to 434 MHz by not offering a 433-100 as a catalog item.There are no "commercial" users on 433 other than the entire world on the 433.92 MHz European car door opener frequency. Short of a full embargo of the Chinese postal system there is no keeping 100,00 devices a week from going on line at this frequency. The Ham Radio folks and the FCC have declared this frequency a lost cause and walked away. For So. Cal. there is amateur TV at 434.00. I am not sure how often this becomes annoying. For the rest of the country I either don't know or recommend 434.

The FM434-500 gives you 50 channels each 10 KHz wide. No problem putting two transmitters on each channel with 5 KHz spacing.

On GPS, it's all software. Check direct with Marshall. Last I heard they were developing a two transmitters at once app for the Gulf market. This could then transfer over into tracking a cast of falcons in Europe and America. Check my thread in Telemetry on New UHF Receivers.

Regards,
Thomas of the Desert