Quote Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Yeah I probably wasnt clear there...they are making a distinction between species allowed in possession vs species allowed to trap in Oregon. If you read it again - the items 1-5 refer to "capture" related info and species allowed to capture
....and item number 6 refer to possession rules - outside and beyond capture limitations. in other words they are just saying there is a difference between what Oregon wants you to trap in Oregon and what birds you can put on your permit from elsewhere. ...

The possession of legally acquired non-indigenous raptors listed as a migratory bird in 50 CFR §10.13 is allowed. Only indigenous raptor species, raptors listed in 50 CFR §10.13 and raptors classified as non-controlled or controlled in the Oregon Wildlife Integrity Rules (OAR 635-056) are allowed. The possession for falconry purposes of hybrid raptors of species listed in 50 CFR §10 are allowed.
I also sent this question to the ODFW Falconry email and they just responded to me. Here is what a biologist told me:

"Although the Federal regulations establish the framework for falconry in the U.S., the states can be more restrictive within our respective jurisdictions. OAR 635-055-0030 provides the limitations of the species and number that may be captured and held for falconry in Oregon. Barn owls, Ospreys, and White-tailed Kites however, are not permitted to be captured and held for falconry in Oregon. Northern harriers are not currently permitted to be captured, but the Commission will be asked to consider including the species for falconry under specific conditions. Lawfully-held captive-bred raptors are permitted, as indicated in OAR 635-055-0020, by master and general class falconers. Nonindigenous raptor species (not native in Oregon) unless they are classified in Division 56 rules, are prohibited from being brought into the state unless specifically permitted by Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife".

So it looks like you were correct about the whole capture vs possession indication. So If I am getting this correct, according to this biologist, a general or master falconer can use one of those 4 species for falconry if they acquire it legally either by captive bred or some other legal means? Man this is confusing....