Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
If I know one thing about technology, it’s that everything—and I mean everything—is hackable and crackable.

In regards to the original poster, I am surprised it’s taken MRT so long to develop an Android compatible app. With the success of GPS telemetry, I would’ve expected this to be a high priority for them. It’s good to hear it’s in the works though. It’ll be a great day when any phone user can link up to a GPS transmitter and find their birds.
Remember that we are the lucky beneficiaries of the guys with the big bucks that keep companies like MRT enthusiastic about selling things to falconers. The number of falconers and disposable income here in the US is not enough to justify their huge R&D investment.

I would bet a paycheck that since it is faster to make an iOS app work they were smart and followed the carrot.

The middle eastern guys buy falconry equipment like we buy nuts and bolts- get what you need plus a handfull of spares. They wont blink about buying a seperate iPhone just for tracking their birds.